I wanted to speak about Courage & the reason, I want to do that is because in the last few years this country & world has became more of a soap Oprah but in this life with uncertainty where do you God for courage, well if you do not go to the Lord then it will be hard to deal with things that come your way just take a look at the world today, you need all the courage just to make it day to day
Psalm 31; 24
Be strong take heart, all you who hope in the Lord
Let me try to explain, I do not count Government presidents doctors my faith & trust has to be in Jesus & Him only.
See my Hope is only in Him just like the verse tells us, I been around the block for a few years & so have you but if you seek courage in man you may be disappointing in the outcome
Psalm 31; 24
When I’m afraid I will trust in you In God whose word I praise in God I trust; i will not be afraid
I truly count on this through my battles & my everyday life I do not have to tell you where the world is heading. Go back to 1970 where it was OK to not be concerns what was around you or not to lock your doors at night all that has changed crime is up killing is up & right now in 2017 it is a uncertain world .
“I will strengthen and help you; I will uphold you with the righteous right hand
If you know God & He is with you & you have all the courage right there because it says He will not leave you or forsake you that means He has got it & you need to Trust Him
Be strong and courage do not be afraid or terrified because of them for the lord your God goes with you he will never leave you nor forsake you
Now that is how you make it through this world today with God & the courage he has given you.
Rev Jerry L Williams
Warning & Alert
From the Chaplains core
There has been a big increase in Drug overdoses in many states but a big increase here in Michigan in the City’s there has been up to 10 a month in some Cities. Now as a Chaplin I seen how this has been growing .But I need to urge family Members from Grandmothers to Grandfathers to Moms & Dads to Brothers & sisters I ask you to look out for signs before it is to late it does not matter what age I seen some as 60 to 70 & some as young as 16 this is a concern unless you want to lose someone you love I ask you to find help this is a decease & the only cure is that those who are Dyeing of a overdose You need to find a way to Help them it’s too late when a chaplain is called out with a police officer to tell someone that their loved one is Gone doing drugs is like playing Russian roulette Look this is getting bad we shared with at the start of 20 17 we were going to put more from police to doctors this month a word from chaplains.
5 Bible Verses That Will Change Your Life if You Believe Them…
We all have our favorite verses. Some of them we love because they’re comforting. Others we may have memorized for that extra boost of confidence or encouragement they provide when we really need it.
But here are five verses that I believe would absolutely change our lives – for the better – if we really believed them.
- Matthew 10:37– “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
When it comes to the sayings of Jesus, this is one I wish wasn’t in the Bible. And I’m not alone in that. I’ve heard many young moms ask me how they can love Jesus more than their own child. And furthermore, how could God actually expect them to? Yet Jesus wasn’t suggesting that we be negligent in our concern for others. Nor was He merely suggesting that we like Him a lot. He was commanding total allegiance. The Son of God who became our Savior demands and deserves to be first place in our hearts.
- Romans 8:28-29– “All things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose…”
Here’s one we love to quote, especially the first part of the verse. But when we look at the entire verse, along with verse 29 – “For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son…” (ESV) – we get the bigger picture of what God is doing in the lives of believers when we encounter struggles. In the NASB translation, we discover that “God causes all things to work together for good” in order to make us more like Christ.
- Galatians 2:20– “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
If you and I really considered ourselves crucified with Christ and our motto was “I no longer live, but Christ lives in me” we’d be much less concerned about our personal image or reputation and we’d be all about Him and His concerns. When we truly die to self, we no longer worry about whether or not we’re getting respect for who we are and what we do. SEE ALSO: 10 Hopes and Dreams from the Bible
- Philippians 4:13– “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” How we love this verse because it appears to be a victory chant for our ability to do anything. We perceive it as God wants me to prosper, therefore I can do all things. But in context, the Apostle Paul was saying he has learned to live in whatever circumstance God put him in.
- James 1:2-4– “Consider it pure joy… whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” One of the most difficult struggles for believers is understanding why we have to struggle at all. Yet this verse packs a promise. Our testing and trials produce in us perseverance, which in turn results in our maturity and completion. In the NASB, we are told that the endurance learned through suffering will make us “perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”